Friday, February 4, 2011

Happy, Happy Brownies

I have a couple of recipes I'd like to post, so for archiving purposes, I'm going to go on a blog-a-thon here. Or not, depending on the time I have... hehe.

More recipes. More food. More positive feedback.

Out of all the recipes I have posted on here, this brownie recipe has been attempted many more times than usual. One, because it's the easiest to make and two, because I have seen the plate cleared a little bit faster than the other dishes.

The best feedback I have gotten: "You don't get tired of the brownie."


BROWNIES

Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (or white chocolate melts, you decide)
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup of SPLENDA sugar blend (yes, I am still using sugar substitute)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder

I have three bowls prepared for this recipe.

Fill a saucepan with water & put it to a simmer. Find a small glass (or ceramic) bowl that can sit on top of the saucepan, without it touching the water. When the water starts to simmer, the pan is taken out of the heat & the glass bowl goes on top of the saucepan. The butter & chocolate goes there. Let them melt together into a nice chocolate-y sauce. If those instructions were confusing, find a way to melt the butter & chocolate together.

In a large bowl, I lightly beat the eggs, sugar, & vanilla together. In a mid-sized bowl, the flour & cocoa powder-- making sure these are sifted. Again, I have used a fork to sift the dry ingredients. Turn the oven on at 350 degrees, please.

Once the butter-chocolate sauce is melted, pour this into the large bowl with the eggs, sugar, & vanilla. While mixing them altogether like a witch, her cauldron, mix in the flour & cocoa powder. When it looks "edible," taste the batter then pour it into an 8x8 inch baking pan... or whichever size you prefer.

Allow it to bake for 30 minutes, then let it cool.


Frost. You decide. Happy munching!

No comments:

Post a Comment